понедельник, 24 ноября 2014 г.

Our Pink, Gold, and Green Atomic Meets Glam Inspired Bedroom Reveal

Our Pink, Gold, and Green Atomic Meets Glam Inspired Bedroom Reveal

I finaallllyyyy get to show you guys our bedroom before and after reveal! Yay!


I didn’t think it would turn out to be my favorite room in our apartment, but I think it totally is. I was inspired by mid-century atomic and glam styles, and used green, pinks, and lots of gold elements as my palette.


Here’s what it looked like before:


1960s bedroom before

1960s bedroom vanity (before)

Here’s after!


Mid-century Bedroom with bed from Joybird.jpg

Putting a bed in front of a window like this can look a little awkward, so the first thing I did was hung wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling shimmery coral-pink curtains and sheers from Target to frame the bed and disguise the window, while still letting tons of light in.


Vintage vanity with sputnik light from Lucent Light Shop

I used a fabric in a similar color to do a wall treatment in the vanity nook. I changed the built-in’s hardware to a vintage 1950/60s set that I found on Etsy and also changed the light to a beautiful brass Sputnik from Lucent Lightshop. The vanity chair is from Nate Berkus for Target.


Vintage Pink and gold Bedroom

Gold geometric wallpaper from Tempaper.jpg

I installed a beautiful metallic gold and white wallpaper from Tempaper (the same brand I used in my bathroom)! It’s so easy to work with and adds a lot of shine and pattern to the room, but isn’t overwhelming.


Mid-century lamp

Lamps are a vintage find from Etsy! Shades are from the Project 62 line at Target.


Mid-century style bed
Our bed frame is from Joybird

. You know I love me some Joybird.


DIY Renter Friendly Closet Idea.jpg

We had our tv mounted in front of the bed for our viewing pleasure. To jazz up the boring closet doors I used metallic gold tape and changed the knobs out to starburst ones from Etsy. The oval starburst mirror is also from Joybird.


And there it is! Can’t wait to show you more rooms soon.


Make sure you’re following on Instagram and search the hashtag #Melodramaville to see more!


Original article and pictures take secure.gravatar.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий