четверг, 20 марта 2014 г.

Mimi and Meg

Mimi and Meg
trezo

I took this pic when going to eat with a friend at Trezo Mare in Briarcliff Village. This area of Kansas City is a gem! It overlooks the downtown skyline, there’s a bunch of cute local shops, a spa that I hear is a-ma-zing, a health food store where I get a lot of my organic produce, jewelry to make your heart stop at Tivol, and several wonderful restaurants. If you are coming to Kansas City you definitely need to stop by for an afternoon of shopping and dine for lunch or dinner. There are currently lights up for the holiday, so it’s extra-charming.


anthro_ornament

I love this ornament. Of course it’s no longer available at Anthropologie, but I was able to snag the photo before that happened.


I have a white tree, and next year I’m changing up my theme. For the past few years it’s been Hollywood Glamour with black, deep magenta, deep teal and silver ornaments, but I’m itching to give my tree a new do.


This Missoni-esque ornament would have been the perfect inspiration for a new tree! I looked at our Anthro, and they were all gone.


Unless I find another ornament that inspires my tree’s new look next year, I think I’m going to go with metallic gold, copper & silver, (lots of gold) and neutral tans.


C is very happy that I passed down my little pink tree to my niece.


What are some of your favorite ornaments or tree themes?


suzanistockings

The stocking is a major part of my family’s holiday tradition. C knew this after only a few holiday seasons with me and one year filled my stocking with the sweetest, most thoughtful things, okay, and a few little things called diamonds … diamonds (and jewelry in general) fit nicely in a stocking. Needless to say, it was so thoughtful and I was so surprised, I got a hive right on my cheek for about an hour from the excitement.


These suzani stockings stopped me in my tracks online researching. I love suzani, so suzani + stockings is just awesome! Get them on Circa Trade. Seen on Absolutely Beautiful Things.


nutcracker

I went and saw The Nutcracker today at the Kansas City Ballet. I don’t think I’ve seen it since I was a kid. I’ll definitely be going more often. I’d forgotten how much I love watching the ballet, plays, the symphony, etc. Next year I’ll be doing much more of that.


I wish I could have taken photos, or even if they just had some good ones on the site. The color in the costumes swirling around against the backdrop was beautiful, and the bodies of the dancers are enough to make you want to abstain from bread for a week.


I was in awe of the dancers, and thoroughly enjoyed the performance, the music, and spending time with some extended family I don’t get to see often enough. One of my cousins has been in The Nutcracker for the past three years, and she had more of an acting role this year. There are still performances and tickets left if you want to go!


Sour+Cream+Pumpkin+Coffee+Cake+1+500

What are you thankful for this thanksgiving?


Usually everyone says family & friends, and maybe this year their job. So besides those things, what are you thankful for?


1. All things pumpkin. Pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin bread… I could go on.


2. My juicer and blender. Getting a lot of use this year!


3. Technology/The Internet


4. Dry shampoo. Although I haven’t found the perfect one yet. Any suggestions???


5. That I know I can do anything I set my mind to. (Within reason. I’ll never be a professional athlete of any sort!)


6. That Shopbop has NO TAX and FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS! And all other websites that have that.


7. Straws. I can drink so much more water with a straw. Your welcome body.


8. That I love my husband more every day.


9. Heating/Air Conditioning


10. Uggs. I held out as long as possible, but winters in Kansas City are COLD! Take my advice, get over how plump it makes your feet look. If you only wear them walking your dogs, running to the grocery store in a blizzard, getting your mail, taking out your trash, I’m telling you. It’s worth it.


11. How easy it is to find the answer to just about anything on the Internet.


12. That my husband didn’t die, become paralyzed, or have any major lasting issues from the accident he was in (that we know of at this time).


13. American Apparel T-shirts and hooded sweatshirts.


14. That even if I leave the light on in my Volvo it always starts.


15. iTunes


16. Good red wine. Inexpensive, good red wine is even better!


17. That my grandma not only knows how to use her MacBook Pro, but also her scanner/copier/printer, her iPod, etc., and she scans in all of her old photos that I love!


18. That I find joy in so many things.


19. Label makers


20. Seche Vite top coat. My manicures last forever!


21. Amazon’s Universal Wishlist. So awesome.


22. That bad vision is correctable, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to see past 2 feet! I’m ordering these Warby Parker Colton glasses as soon as they get the Sandalwood Matte back in stock!


23. People with a good sense of humor.


24. My snuggie. Well, it’s not a real snuggie, it’s a cuter, nicer one. I usually read in bed every night and those sleeves make a huge difference!


25. Facebook. My favorite part about it is how easily I can keep up with friends, see pictures of their vacations and kids, and pictures of my niece.


26. My new magic mouse. LOVE!


27. Eye cream


28. Balderdash. My favorite board game! Who’s ready to play?


29. Photobooths. They are so fun!


30. For all of the men and women who serve our country and their families who dearly miss them while they are gone. And for the perspective I gained while C was in the hospital in San Antonio.


I’d love to hear what you are thankful for.


ACF30F

ACF30E

ACF2E3

ACF318

fringe

Love the design details of this Summer Fiesta! I know it’s fall and soon to be winter (in the U.S.) but I can dream of sunny warm days…


Details via Ashley Meader’s site:

Inspiration shoot created for Design*Sponge as part of Once Wed’s Beyond the Big Day monthly column. Tissue paper was folded and then fringed to make a hanging centerpiece above the table. Miniature cacti were used as place settings. Fringe was sewn onto the place cards and invitations to carry out the theme. Photography by Our Labor of Love.


Original article and pictures take www.mimiandmegblog.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий