понедельник, 18 ноября 2013 г.

KITCHEN CHALKBOARD WALL

KITCHEN CHALKBOARD WALL

I have a confession to make. I, Jennifer Griffin, DIY home blogger, have never used chalkboard paint. There. I said it. I remedied that last week, though! And I went big.



There's a little nook wall space leading into our kitchen from the hall which can only be seen once you are in the kitchen, not from the front door or the living room. I considered doing one of the skinny side panels in chalk paint, but the more I thought about it I decided to do the entire wrap-around section.



This wall is lightly textured, and I wasn't sure about that but left it alone and painted on 2 coats of chalkboard paint. Now that it's done, the texture really didn't end up being an issue at all.


Following the directions on the can, at least 3 days after painting, the area must be seasoned. This is done by rubbing the chalk sideways over the entire wall, and then erasing. I had two good helpers for this step.



I also wanted to add a little drop spot. In an effort to try to keep the spot on my counter that is a magnet for junk clear, I added a mesh wall organizer (Target-then sprayed gold) for mail, important school papers and notes that normally get left on the countertop.



I'd also like to add our family calendar and a few hooks and maybe hang a picture or two in this space when Christmas is over.


I combined several chalkboard lettering and artwork ideas that I saw on Pinterest, and added a few touches of my own.



My daughter added some artwork all on her own too...I was TOTALLY impressed with her creative writing. Oh, I just noticed that she left out the "r". She was working so hard she must have missed it...so cute!



I took Pam's suggestion and used a few upside-down drawer pulls for little chalk holders, and changed out the switch plates to brass.



Part of our December "to-do" list...



We broke in the new wall at my sister's party last weekend. Everyone added their own birthday greetings for her along the sides.



So far, the wall is a hit! There is sort-of a trail of chalkdust around the baseboards, but we'll deal with that. I have some chalkboard markers but can never really get those to completely erase and am a little afraid to use them on the wall. Does anyone have any advice on that?


Oh, and for the record, I have the best husband in the world. Didn't even bat an eye when I started painting the walls black. :) I married the right guy. He's off of work today and we're off to put a big dent in our Christmas shopping. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I truly appreciate your faithful reading and sweet comments!


Linking up with

It's Overflowing

Savvy Southern Style

Home Stories A to Z

Thrifty Decor Chick Before & After Party

Monday Funday at Uncommon Designs

The Shabby Nest

Liz Marie Blog


Original article and pictures take www.dimplesandtangles.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий